Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Week 1--Day 2

Not as sore as I thought I would be. I was not looking forward to waking up this morning and feeling the aches and pains of the "first day back" from a long lay off.

I remember the days of "two-a-days" for football camp or hell week at soccer tryouts. I wish I was back in that kind of shape again. Guess every journey starts with the first step or something lame like that.

It was suggested to me that I post before during and after photos. Not so sure I like the idea but I guess the point of this blog is for motivation so I may give it a shot.

What I ate yesterday:
120 oz of water. Mostly tap but I had one bottle of Dasani water then just refilled that
12" Subway sub. Grilled chicken breast with lettuce, tomato and pickle. No cheese no sauce
Had about 12 crackers with a light cheese as a snack
8 jelly beans
1 home made chocolate cookie
One whole grilled chicken breast
Steamed BROWN* rice
Steamed carrots

In everything I have read since Saturday it appears that white things are frowned upon. No white bread, no white rice. None of it. Apparently the fiber and other nutrients are zapped out when they bleach it or something. BROWN RICE is horrible. Plain anyway. I certainly hope I get used to the taste because as I battle to lose weight there won't be any white rice on my plate.

Went to bed late last night, late for me anyway. 1100 p.m. comes way to quick when the sun stays up until 8:30. Tucked the little one into bed and then stayed awake and talked with my wife. That was nice.

Day 2 workout.

20 minutes of interval running. Rotated between a mild jog and full on as fast as my knees would let me go. Felt good.......when it was over. Got 1.75 miles in but burned twice as many calories according to the machine anyway. Then I did some weight training. 3 sets of 20 reps on about 70 percent weight. Not bad for a first day back on weights in a while.

Looking forward to Friday's weigh in. If, for nothing else, the motivation to keep going.

No comments: