A new resolve. I love it when something that you want so bad (me being skinny) is something that you can hold on to. When you realize that it isn't something that you just want and "have to have" like a new cell phone or a new Abba CD.
This weight loss competition has reignited a fire inside of me and further a family member reminded me how much I used to love being fit. It wasn't that I lost that love or passion but certainly had new love's put in place. Training at the gym filled a whole in my life that my family has now filled. I had my priorities right but have now found a way to make it all work together.
I am grateful to my family for their patience with me as I adjusted to the new schedule and it certainly will still be a battle but we are seeing results and as long as I get a quick nap in I have enough energy to make it through.
The weekend wasn't too bad. Saturday had the draft party with JMC and had a handful of chips there. Had my usual fruit cup for breakfast at work. Dinner was another story. Was in the skybox at the Jazz game and I had what amounts to half a diet coke a chicken breast and a half, two cups of vegitables and about two whole pineapples.
Sunday breakfast I had one toaster strudel with icing. No lunch went to the in laws for dinner and had two cups of spaghetti and sauce and A LOT of broccoli. For dessert I am pretty sure I had 9 small chocolate chip cookies. Bad for the hips but very good for the lips!!!
Todays work out was good. Solid 20 minutes on the elliptical. Pushed myself very hard. Then hit the weights and did abs. Got some protein/creatine supplements. I hope that will keep feeding the muscles want they need so that they grow and eat the fat that is on me.
Thanks again for all the encouragement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment