Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Week 3--Day 2

Yesterday was a good day.

Fruit cup for breakfast as well as some of the new protein supplement I was given. Supposed to be 30g of Protein per serving. You are supposed to take two servings (scoops) per meal. That would be 180g of protein just from the supplement. Nutrionists say you are supposed to get one gram of protein for every pound you weigh. So with all the food I take in every day that is about right. Problem is, this powder is nasty.

Lunch: foot long chicken breast sandwich no cheese lettuce, tomato and pickle. Got a little bit of sauce this time because otherwise this thing is too dry.....on wheat bread of course.

Dinner: The wife was given a gift card to Applebees has a baby shower present so all weekend she talked about going and using it on Monday. So last night we gathered the Bug and went to Applebees. Difficult to eat health at resteraunts but on a budget it's even harder. We did the 2 for $20 special they have. For an appetizer we chose fried cheese. I only had one and let the wife and the Bug eat the others. I ordered a 9 oz strip steak with vegetables and mashed potatoes. Ate the vegetables first and I am thinking they were steamed in butter. The steak was good (adds protein) and I only had maybe 4 bites of the potatoes. Shared a dessert but again let the wife and the bug eat most of it.

Today's workout was good. 40 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Changed it up and went backwords on the light paces to work more of the butt as it needs a lot of work. Getting this weird cramp along my right shin....comes and goes in spasms. Odd.

Oh well. I will keep pushing.

No comments: