So the gauntlet has been thrown down. As I explained the "challenge" to my wife it was within earshot of my Father-in-Law because of the Easter gathering at his home. He then stepped up to the plate and issued the same challenge. Apparently the only way for men to be motivated to lose weight is to wager food, or at least wager something. Must be something within the mind that requires a challenge. Needless to say the pressure has mounted, having a 54 year old man call you out is what I would call "humbling".
Woke up this morning at 0400. Well really woke up at 0130, 0200, 0330 and was in and out of sleep from then until I got up at 0400. My 18 month old struggled to stay in bed and finally was allowed to sleep in ours as I got up.
Got into the work out room here in the office at about 0430 and ran for 2.5 miles. I walked a bit in there but nothing too significant. It is my goal to run a 5k every day, regardless of time. I didn't make it there today. Found too many excuses and cut it a touch short. I will make it tomorrow.
Completed 100 sit ups, suprised myself given the large belly.
Tomorrow a 45 min run is planned or the 5k whichever comes first. Followed by use of weights for the upper body.
I will also post the amount of calories consumed per day in an effort to keep me honest about what I am intaking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dude I can't do any situps. like 10 maybe. nice work.
I can run forever though. how many miles is a 5k? 3 something right? you can do that easy.
Calorie counting is overrated. I think the key is just portion control. I think eating more often and eating smaller amounts is the best key. That's coming from a fatty though.
Nice work. Keep it up.
a 5K is 3.2 miles. I can do it but not the first day back.
Counting calories is my way of portion control. If I see exactly what I am eating I will eat less. Like the addage "don't eat it if you can pronounce it"
Thank you for the encouragement. That's the point
Post a Comment