Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week 1--Day 3

The soreness has set in, just a little though.

Woke up this morning and the mind was foggy but the body seemed willing to go so I came in to the little work out room we have here in the office. I jumped on the eliptical machine for 30 minutes of hard interval training. I have failed to mention an article that I read that said that interval training burns twice as much fat as just normal caridio. I am going to give that a try for the remainder of this week and all of next week and see where we are at that point.

I like to mix it up betweent the eliptical machine and the treadmil for two reasons; avoiding boredom is primary and since having both my knees repaired 4 years ago I haven't been the same. I need new running shoes. Anyone have ideas?

Yesterday's meals
16 oz Full Throttle Energy drink (sugar free)
16 oz Jamba Juice (light) Company nutrional information claimed it had 278 cal and 1 gram of fat
2 Roast beef sandwiches on whole wheat bread with less than a tablespoon of light ranch dressing.
2 Jelly beans
One table spoon full of icing left over from the cookies the wife made

If I can curb the sweet tooth with fruits I think I will be OK. That has always been my down fall.

I am reading more and more that breakfast is crucial and little meals throughout the day are best to keep the metabolism spiked. A grocery trip is planned so that I can start bringing lunches/snacks to work to see if that holds true.

That is all, I have been distracted too many times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how many calories in a spoonfull of icing?

Voice said...

55 cal and 4 grams of fat. According to about.com